• Score: 1st of 49 teams (32 points)
• Location: Newville, PA
• The Short Story: The Johns Hopkins women’s cross country team won its tenth straight NCAA Mideast Regional and earned an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament, as the Blue Jays defeated second-place Elizabethtown by 68 points. JHU placed four runners in the top-10 as all seven Blue Jays finished in the top-25 to earn all-region.
How it Happened
• Ellie Clawson won the race as the junior finished in 21:33.5.
• Coming in 23.5 seconds behind Clawson in fourth was Therese Olshanski with a mark of 21:56.0, while Caroline Smith finished just behind Olshanski in fifth with a time of 21:56.6.
• Felicia Koerner earned a sixth-place finish as the junior crossed the line with a time of 22:00.0.
• Kristin Meek rounded out the top-five finishers for the Blue Jays with her 16th-place finish with a mark of 22:32.2.
• Rounding out the seven runners for Hopkins were Rebecca Grusby who finished 17th with a time of 22:33.2 and Lauren Jacob who finished 22nd with a time of 22:48.4.
• The Blue Jays have earned an automatic bid to the NCAA Championship on Saturday, November 18 in Elsha, ILL. Hopkins will be in search of its fifth National Championships when the team takes the course at 12 pm.