10 Straight! Women's Cross Country Claims 10th Centennial Championship Title
• Score: 1st of 10 (25 pts.)
• Location: Gettysburg, PA • Gettysburg College
• The Short Story: It’s now ten straight Centennial Conference Championships for the Johns Hopkins women’s cross country team which finished 41 points ahead of second place Haverford on Sunday afternoon.
How it Happened
• Ellie Clawson won the race as the junior crossed the line in 21:17.8. That is the second-fastest mark for Clawson this season, who set a personal best time of 20:41 earlier this season in the Paul Short Run. • Finishing in second place overall in the race was Natalia LaSpada who crossed the finish line in 21:29.4.
• Therese Olshanski and Caroline Smith finished in fifth and sixth with times of 22:04.2 and 22:33.4, respectively.
• Lauren Jacob earned an 11th-place finish as she completed the 6k course in 22:33.4.
• Rounding out the top-seven for Hopkins was Kristin Meek, who finished 13th with a time of 22:47.0, and Allison Rosen, who finished 14th with a time of 22:51.4.
What it Means
• JHU is now tied with Dickinson for the most team titles, as both have ten.
• Clawson is the eighth individual winner for the Blue Jays. The eight individual winners for Hopkins ties Dickinson for the most individual winners by a team.
• Clawson, LaSpada, Olshanski, and Smith all earned first team honors for their finishes. Clawson was also named the Runner of the Year while Olshanski was named Freshman of the Year. Jacob earned second team laurels for her 11th place finish.
• The Blue Jays will head to the NCAA Division III Mideast Regional Race in Newville, PA on November 11. The race will be held at Big Spring High School and will begin at 12 pm.