• Score: Johns Hopkins 1st of 8 teams (34 points)
• Location: Bronx, NY (Van Cortlandt Park)
• The Short Story: The top-ranked Johns Hopkins women’s cross country team won its second race of the season as the Blue Jays won the Iona Meet of Champions on Friday afternoon, defeating five Division I opponents in the process.
How it Happened
• Ellie Clawson was the top Blue Jay finisher as she came in fifth place with a time of 18:47.0.
• Coming in sixth was Rebecca Grusby who finished the 5k track in 18:48.2 and she was followed by Therese Olshanski in seventh (18:53.8) and Caroline Smith in eighth (18:54.6).
• Rounding out the top-five finishers for JHU was Tasha Freed who completed the course in 19:11.7, which was good enough for 14th overall.
• The Blue Jays return to action on Friday, September 29 at the Paul Short Invitational, which is scheduled to begin at 10 am.