CHESTER, PA –
• Location: Chester, PA · Widener University
• The Short Story: Johns Hopkins sophomores Maya Hammonds topped the field in the long jump and Ellie Clawson finished first in the 10,000 meter run at the Widener Mideast Invitational Thursday.
How it Happened
• Felicia Koerner recorded a time of 4:45.24 in the 1,500 meters, her first race of the day.
• Lindsay Cheu competed in the 800 meter run, posting a time of 2:19.81. Cheu’s mark is her fourth sub-2:20 time of the season and 3.58 seconds off of her career best.
• Koerner also ran the 10,000 meter run along with teammate Ellie Clawson. Clawson finished in a time of 37:16.72 with Koerner on her heels with a time of 37:16.79. Clawson’s time is 13.47 seconds off of her personal best.
• Maya Hammonds competed in the long jump, posting the best mark of the field of six, with a distance of 5.13m on her fifth attempt.
• The qualifying Blue Jays will compete at the NCAA Outdoor Championships in Geneva, OH, May 25 through May 27.