JHU Shines at Frank Colden Invite
• Location: Collegeville, PA (Ursinus College • Frank Colden Invitational)
• The Short Story: Highlighted by three first-place finishes, the Johns Hopkins women's track and field team concluded a successful day at the Frank Colden Invitational on Sunday.
How it Happened
• Faith Brown claimed a first-place finish in the high jump with a mark of 1.52m.
• In the pole vault, JHU claimed the top-three spots as Helen Girod won the event with a mark of 3.35m to tie her personal best mark while Catharine Wain finished second with a new personal best mark of 3.20m. Annie Gutierrez and Sophia Cortazzo finished in a tie for third (3.05).
• Daniela Torres finished fourth in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 9.73 while Lauren Roberts finished in fifth with a time of 9.80.
• In the 800-meter run, Cassandra Factora clocked in with a time of 2:27.52 which gave her fifth overall while Audrey Hazel finished eighth with a time of 2:29.74 and Ellie Burton finished tenth with a time of 2:32.53.
• Marina Ayuso earned an eighth-place finish in the 200-meter dash with a time of 28.24.
• Samantha Levy notched her first collegiate mile win as she finished in first with a time of 5:10.84.
• In the 3,000-meter run Insa Mannstadt finished in third with a time of 10:53.23 while Chloe Grzyb came in fifth with a time of 10:58.92.
• Bridget Gottlieb earned a second-place finish in the 5,000-meter run crossing the line in 19:44.73.
• The JHU 'A' 4x200 meter relay team earned a third-place finish, completing the event in 1:50.40.
• Hopkins returns to the track on Thursday, February 8th at the Navy Multi Mix.
- 30 -