JHU Competes at Dr. Sander Invitational
• Location: New York, NY o Dr. Sander Invitational o The Armory
• The Short Story: It was a successful day on the track for the Johns Hopkins women's track & field team as many athletes set new personal best times during the meet on Friday.
How it Happened
• Therese Olshanski earned a sixth-place finish in the 800-meter run as she crossed the line in 2:16.39. Erin Brush finished in tenth with a time of 2:17.94.
• Ava Kelley set a new personal-best time in the 3,000-meter run as she finished in 19th with a time of 10:47.29.
• Caroline Smith earned a 12th-place finish in the mile run with a time of 5:02.91 which is the eighth best time in the nation, while Tasha Freed set a new personal best time finishing in 16th with a time of 5:05.31.
• The JHU 'A' team finished fourth in the distance medley with a time of 12:05.87. Olshanski ran a 4:55 anchor leg to pull the Blue Jays ahead of fifth-place finisher Connecticut.
• In the 5,000-meter run, Ellie Clawson came in second with a time of 17:13.49 while Felicia Koerner finished fourth crossing the line in 17:33.68. Samantha Levy earned an eighth-place finish (17:53.16) while Shaina Palmer finished in tenth (17:54.68).
• Johns Hopkins is back in action at the Frank Colden Invitational which will be held on the campus of Ursinus College.