Blue Jays Finish Fifth at Terrapin Invitational
• Location: Landover, MD (Terrapin Invitational)
• The Short Story: The Johns Hopkins women's track and field team finished fifth out of 20 teams in the Terrapin Invitational on Saturday.
How it Happened
• Therese Olshanski finished the 800-meter run in 2:17.13 which was good enough for sixth place overall.
• In the mile run, Tasha Freed finished second with a time of 5:10.97 while Ellie Clawson notched a second-place finish in the 3,000-meter run with a time of 10:01.21. Samantha Levy finished fifth in the 3,000-meter run with a mark of 10:07.16 while Lauren Jacob finished seventh (10:23.06) and Rebecca Grusby finished eighth (10:25.65).
• Emily Stahl finished sixth in the 5,000-meter run with a mark of 18:35.96.
• The JHU distance medley team of Olshanski, Felicia Koerner, Marisa Sailus and Erin Brush finished in third with a time of 12:04.34.
• Maya Hammonds earned a seventh-place finish in the high jump with a mark of 1.53m.
• In the pole vault, Helen Girod earned a seventh-place finish (3.35m) while Sophia Cortazzo finished right behind her in eighth also with a mark of 3.35m.
• Johns Hopkins returns to the track on Friday, January 26 to participate in the Dr. Sander Invitational.
- 30 -