Johns Hopkins Bests Muhlenberg, 9-0
• Score: #15 Johns Hopkins-9, Muhlenberg-0
• Records: JHU (9-3, 5-0 CC) • MC (0-7, 0-5 CC)
• Location: Allentown, PA • Kern Field Courts
• The Short Story: The 15th-ranked Johns Hopkins women’s tennis team ran its win streak to eight with a 9-0 win over host Muhlenberg Saturday afternoon.
How it Happened
• Hopkins jumped out to a 3-0 lead as the Blue Jays lost just one game in sweeping the three doubles matches.
• Seniors Ashnaa Rao and Mikey Barthelmass beat Jamie Rosenblum and Brittany Gould, 8-0, at first. Junior Caroline Greydak and senior Jody Law won by the same score at third over Hannah Bobker and Shelby Knafo. Senior Anna Kankanala and sophomore Kimberly Zou defeated Hannah Molk and Meghan Olsen, 8-1, at second.
• The Blue Jays then swept the singles matches, all in straight sets, to complete the shutout.
• Freshman Sophia Strickland beat Rosenblum 6-1, 6-3 at first to clinch the win for the Blue Jays. Sophomore Chrissy Simon picked up a 6-2, 6-1 win over Molk at second.
• Kankanala lost just one game in her win defeat of Gould at third. Senior Amanda Soo Ping Chow topped Olsen 6-1, 6-3 at fourth.
• Sophomore Katie Gauch won 6-1, 6-2 over Bobker at fifth. Sophomore Mika Inadomi beat Jourdyn Buckheit 6-2, 6-1 at sixth.
What it Means
• Hopkins improves to 17-7 all-time against Muhlenberg and has won 11 straight in the series.
• The Blue Jays have now won eight straight, with a pair of shutouts.
For the Record
• Barthelmass is now tied for 16th in program history with 37 career doubles wins. Rao moved into a tie for 13th as she now has 77 total wins in her career.
• Kankanala is tied for 19th with 35 doubles wins. She is also now tied for 10th in career singles wins with 41 and tied for 15th in total wins with 76.
• Law earned her 69th career win (singles and doubles) and is now tied for 19th.
• Hopkins travels to Pittsburgh, PA to take on 12th-ranked Carnegie Mellon on Sunday, April 9. The match is slated for a 1:00 pm start. Live stats (http://www.enrollment.cmu.edu/athletics/mtennis/tennis_liveStats.html) and live video (http://athletics.cmu.edu/sports/mten/livestream) are available.