Johns Hopkins Blanks McDaniel, 9-0
• Score: #15 Johns Hopkins-9, McDaniel-0
• Records: JHU (8-3, 4-0 CC) • MC (1-7, 0-4 CC)
• Location: Westminster, MD • Warfield Tennis Courts
• The Short Story: The 15th-ranked Johns Hopkins women’s tennis team earned its second shutout of the season with a 9-0 win at McDaniel on Tuesday afternoon.
How it Happened
• Senior Anna Kankanala and sophomore Kimberly Zou lost just one game as they beat Maddy Simmons and Winsome Schauer at first doubles.
• Sophomore Katie Gauch and freshman Prerna Singh needed just 10 games to defeat Leesa Malczewski and Lindsay Russell, 8-2, at second.
• Junior Caroline Greydak and freshman Sophia Strickland won by default at third.
• Senior Amanda Soo Ping Chow, sophomore Mika Inadomi and Gauch did not lose a game as they won at third, fourth and fifth singles, respectively. Inadomi’s victory over Brenna Gutshall at fifth clinched the win for the Blue Jays.
• Singh won by default at sixth. Strickland beat Simmons 6-2, 6-1 at first. Kankanala won 6-3, 6-2 over Schauer at second.
What it Means
• Hopkins improves to 27-4 all-time against McDaniel and has won 17 straight in the series.
• The Blue Jays ran their win streak to seven straight with today’s victory. Hopkins has now won 104 consecutive Centennial Conference regular season matches.
For the Record
• Kankanala now ranks 13th in program history with 40 career singles wins and 17th with 74 combined wins.
• Hopkins travels to Allentown, PA to take on Muhlenberg on Saturday, April 8. The Centennial Conference match is slated for a Noon start.