Johns Hopkins Places Sixth at Gettysburg Invitational
• Scores: Mary Washington-796.5, Susquehanna-686, Gettysburg-683, Swarthmore-466.5, Dickinson-379, Johns Hopkins-226, Bryn Mawr-53
• Location: Gettysburg, PA • Bullets Pool
• The Short Story: The Johns Hopkins women’s swim team finished in sixth place at the 2016 Gettysburg Invitational Saturday. Senior Kristen Kaiser and sophomore Colleen Anderson each had top-three finishes to highlight the final day for the Blue Jays.
• Anderson opened the morning session with a third-place finish in the 200 Free. She knocked two seconds off her career best time and touched in 1:57.50.
• Sophomores Julia Pacitti and Phi Nguyen placed seventh and 10th, respectively, in the 100 Breast with career-best times. Pacitti clocked in at 1:08.38 while Nguyen finished in 1:09.40.
• Kaiser then took third place in the 100 Back with a career-best time of 59.41. Junior Lena DiPrizito followed in 12th place in 1:01.78.
• The Blue Jays kicked off the final session with an eighth-place finish in the 200 Free Relay. Kaiser, Nguyen, Pacitti and DiPrizito combined for a time of 1:43.23.
• Anderson grabbed another third-place finish, this time in the 500 Free. She sliced 3.23 seconds off her career best time and finished in 5:11.75. Kaiser followed in fourth place and a time of 5:14.11.
• Pacitti then took fourth place in the 200 IM as she touched in 2:13.85. She knocked an impressive 6.13 seconds off her career best time in the event.
• Hopkins’ night ended with a pair of swimmers in the 50 Free. DiPrizito claimed eighth place with a time of 25.14 and Nguyen finished in 22nd with a career-best time of 26.25.
• Johns Hopkins will face East Carolina on January 4 in Jupiter, FL.