Anderson Wins 1650 Free at Gettysburg Invitational
• Scores: Mary Washington-303.5, Gettysburg-300, Susquehanna-284, Swarthmore-173.5, Dickinson-129, Johns Hopkins-91, Bryn Mawr-26
• Location: Gettysburg, PA • Bullets Pool
• The Short Story: Sophomore Colleen Anderson led the Johns Hopkins women's swim team with a win in the 1650 Free on day one of the Gettysburg Invitational. Mary Washington leads the invitational after seven events with 303.5 points, followed by host Gettysburg (300) and Susquehanna (284). Hopkins is in sixth place with 91 points.
• Hopkins opened the invitational with a seventh-place finish in the 200 Medley Relay. Senior Kristen Kaiser, sophomore Phi Nguyen, sophomore Julia Pacitti and junior Lena DiPrizito finished in 1:51.66.
• Kaiser followed up with a second-place finish in the 200 Back as she touched in 2:07.70.
• DiPrizito then placed fifth in the 100 Free with a career-best time of 54.45.
• Pacitti finished in fifth place in the 200 Berast, also posting a career-best time, as she clocked in at 2:28.37.
• Sophomore Colleen Anderson then won the 1650 Free as she beat the field with a career best time of 17:14.16. She sliced more than 1.2 seconds off her previous best time.
• The Gettysburg Invitational concludes on Saturday, December 3 with sessions slated to begin at 10:00 am and 5:00 pm. Fans can watch the action here.