Johns Hopkins Competes at TPSC Invitational
• Location: Gambier, OH • Steen Aquatic Center
• The Short Story: The Johns Hopkins women’s swim team grabbed a pair of top-three finishes on day one of the TPSC Invitational Thursday night. Hopkins is in fourth place with 142 points through three events. Penn sits in first place with 327 points, followed by host Kenyon (241) and Davidson (196) to round out the top three.
• Hopkins opened the night with third and fifth-place finishes, as well as two NCAA provisional times, in the 200 Medley Relay. The team of sophomore Natalia Rincon, juniors Gwynnie LaMastra and Anna Wisniewski finished in 1:43.15, the sixth fastest time in program history. Taking fifth were freshmen Michelle Wang and Sonia Lin, senior Abby Brown and junior Kaitlin Jones with a time of 1:45.26.
• Senior Lindsay Kriz was the Jays’ top finisher in the 1650 Free, as she placed 19th with a time of 18:04.16. Sophomore Rabia Syed followed in 20th place and a time of 18:12.02.
• The Blue Jays ended the night close to the way it started, taking third and sixth with provisional qualifying times in the 800 Free Relay. Junior Courtney Cowan, Wisniewski, Jones and LaMastra took third with their time of 7:30.63. Cowna’s split of 1:51.56 in the 200 Free is also a provisional time. The team of Wang, freshmen Caroline Ward and Bailey Robertson and sophomore Emily Cheng clocked in with a time of 7:38.59.
• The TPSC Invitational continues on Friday at 9:30 am with the prelims of the 200 Fly. Fans can watch the action here and follow the results here.