• Score: #11 Johns Hopkins 2, Washington College 0
• Records: #11 Johns Hopkins (7-1-1, 2-0 CC); Washington College (5-3, 0-2 CC)
• Location: Chestertown, MD (Kibler Field)
• The Short Story: The Johns Hopkins women’s soccer team got a goal in each half as the Blue Jays earned their second Centennial Conference win and third straight victory as they defeated Washington College 2-0 on Saturday afternoon.
How it Happened
• Bailey Monaco got Hopkins started with an unassisted goal at 8:58. Monaco made some nice moves to get by the defense and placed a perfect ball into the back of the net.
• Robyn Lipschultz made a diving save on a shot by Emily Caldarelli to keep JHU in the lead.
• A failed clear inside the box for the Shorewomen was corralled by Michelle Santangelo who put the shot past goalkeeper Annalie Buscarino at 70:08 for her seventh goal of the year.
• Lipschultz made another diving save to prevent a shot in the second half as she came out and thwarted the Olivia Sabatino attempt.
• Two goals would be enough and Hopkins would claim the 2-0 win.
What it Means
• Santangelo extends her goal scoring streak to three games.
• Hopkins improves to 17-0 against Washington College.
Inside the Box Score
• The Blue Jays outshot Washington College 10-6.
• JHU took five corner kicks while the Shorewomen took five.
• Lipschultz made three saves in the match.
• The Blue Jays return to the pitch on Wednesday, September 27 as they will host Stevenson for a 7 pm contest.