• Score: Gettysburg – 73, Johns Hopkins – 63
• Records: Johns Hopkins (2-3, 1-1 CC), Gettysburg (4-0, 2-0 CC)
• Location: Baltimore, MD (Goldfarb Gym)
• The Short Story: Down by ten in the third quarter, the Johns Hopkins women’s basketball team pulled to within one point in the fourth quarter, however, Gettysburg went on a 7-0 run to go up eight, and the Bullets would take the game 73-63.
How it Happened
• A layup from Rory Cole put the Blue Jays up two to open the second quarter, but a three from Kiera Cesareo put Gettysburg back on top by one at 23-22. The Bullets went on a 6-0 run to go up 37-28 and took a 39-34 lead into halftime.
• Emily Gibbons put Gettysburg up ten with a layup at 2:31 in the third quarter, but the Blue Jays went on a 6-0 run to end the quarter. Lexie Scholtz netted two free throws while Cole and Madison McGrath also added two-point baskets.
• Gettysburg built its lead back up to seven in the fourth, but Scholtz scored the next five points to make the score 56-54.
• A three by McGrath brought Hopkins to within one at 5:27, but the Bullets went on a 7-0 run after that to go up 65-57.
• Gettysburg went on to win the game, 73-63.
What it Means
• The Blue Jays are now 40-32 against Gettysburg, who has won the last two meetings.
• JHU is now 22-12 at home against the Bullets.
Inside the Box Score
• Scholtz scored a game-high 26 points and added ten rebounds for her second double-double of the season.
• McGrath finished with 13 for JHU while Cole had six points and ten rebounds.
• Gibbons led Gettysburg with 22 points.
• Hopkins was a perfect 4-4 from the free throw line and shot 43% from the floor.
• Johns Hopkins returns to the court on Thursday, November 30 for a conference game on the road against Swarthmore. The game is scheduled to tip at 6 pm.