Scott Leads Hopkins Past Dickinson, 72-54
• Score: Johns Hopkins -72, Dickinson - 54
• Records: Johns Hopkins (10-7, 9-3 CC) • Dickinson (6-11, 6-6 CC)
• Location: Baltimore, MD (Goldfarb Gym)
• The Short Story: Lillian Scott scored a game-high 25 points as the Johns Hopkins women's basketball team defeated Dickinson College 72-54 on Tuesday night.
How it Happened
• The Blue Jays pulled away by 12 in the first quarter as Maggie Spitzer converted both of her free-throws to make the score 18-6. The Red Devils scored the next five points to pull to within seven, however, Scott made a layup to put JHU up nine at 20-11.
• Johns Hopkins scored the first six points of the second quarter to extend its lead to 15. A jumper from Marissa Varnado later in the quarter gave the Blue Jays a 21-point lead as Hopkins went into the halftime break leading 43-24.
• A jumper from Emily Padalino got Dickinson to within 17 but Sophia Way nailed a three to put Hopkins back up by 21.
• The Blue Jays got their biggest lead of the game on a layup by Spitzer which put JHU up 27 at 72-45 and Hopkins would go on to win the game by a score of 72-54.
What it Means
• Hopkins improves to 47-28 against the Red Devils as the Blue Jays swept the season series for the first time since 2014-15.
• Way has made a three-pointer in ten straight games.
Inside the Box Score
• Scott led all scorers with 25 points while Way added 16.
• Rory Cole led Hopkins with ten rebounds and she also added nine points, while Lexie Scholtz grabbed nine rebounds in the game.
• Johns Hopkins had five blocks and 12 steals in the game as the JHU defense held Dickinson to 33.3% shooting from the floor.
• The Blue Jays will remain home as they will host McDaniel on Thursday, January 25 at 6 pm.
- 30 -