• Score: 2nd of 9 (54 points)
• Location: Gettysburg, PA • Gettysburg College
• The Short Story: The Johns Hopkins men’s cross country team finished second at the Centennial Conference Championships as the Blue Jays placed seven runners finish in the top-20.
How it Happened
• Scott Pourshalchi led the way for Hopkins with a sixth-place finish as the junior crossed the line in 25:38.3.
• Finishing in eighth-place was Ollie Hickson who completed the 8k course in 25:51.0.
• Senior Charles Thornton finished 12th with a time of 26:02.2 while Jared Pangallozzi finished a second behind Thornton for 13th overall.
• Rounding out the top-five finishers for the Blue Jays was Panth Patel who finished 15th with a time of 26:09.9.
• Conner Delahanty and Louis Levine finished in 16th and 20th with times of 26:13.8 and 26:27.8, respectively.
What it Means
• Pourshalchi earned first team All-Centennial with his sixth place finish, while Hickson, Thornton, and Pangallozzi all garnered second team all-conference.
• JHU finished second to Haverford for the fourth-straight season. Hopkins finished 25 points ahead of Dickinson who finished third.
• This is the tenth top-three finish for the Blue Jays in the conference championship.
• The Blue Jays will head to the NCAA Division III Mideast Regional Race in Newville, PA on November 11. The race will be held at Big Spring High School and will begin at 11 am.