Three Blue Jays Competed on Day One of the NCAA Wrestling Championships
Three Blue Jays Heading to NCAA Division III Wrestling Championships
Hopkins Qualifies Three for NCAA Wrestling Championships
Juniors Ricky Cavallo and Isaac Morales Advanced to Saturday's Regional Semifinals
JHU Improves to 8-3 With Non-Conference Road Victory
- Limited by injuries, but compiled a 9-4 record on the year.
- Opened season with back-to-back wins against wrestlers from Division I Navy, including a 15-0 technical fall of Jordan Denslow and a 14-3 major decision of Noah Sirianni.
- Had a six-match winning streak from January 21 through February 4 that included two majors and a tech fall.
- Topped 2016 Centennial Conference Champion Rob Murray of Stevens in a dual meet on February 4.
- Only two on-mat losses after January 1 were to Chris Tan of Ursinus (5-3 & 7-4).
- Limited to just seven matches due to injuries and posted a 2-5 record.
- Picked up first career win, a 10-3 decision of Scott Baker of Ursinus, at the Messiah Invitational.
At Greensburg Central Catholic
- Compiled a 68-11 record before missing most of junior season and all of senior season with injuries.
- Two-time WCCA Champion and section champion as a freshman.
- Placed second at the prestigious POWERade Christmas Tournament as a freshman and fourth as a sophomore.
- Ricky Cavallo
- Son of Ricky and Ivelisse Cavallo.
- Has one younger brother, Antonio.
- Mother played volleyball at Seton Hill and is currently an assistant coach there.
- Has completed research at the Center for Nanomedicine.
- Majoring in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering.