Hopkins Pushes Scholar All-America Total to 56 With Selection of Escobar, Morales
Hopkins Qualifies Three for NCAA Wrestling Championships
Juniors Ricky Cavallo and Isaac Morales Advanced to Saturday's Regional Semifinals
JHU Improves to 8-3 With Non-Conference Road Victory
Junior Isaac Morales Became JHU's 23rd Centennial Conference Champion
- Posted a 10-18 record with three pins and two major decisions.
- Won five-of-seven matches in a midseason run that included two wins by major and one by fall.
- Six losses on the season were by two points or less and three losses came against Division I competition.
- Posted a 12-10 record at before missing the last month of the season with an injury.
- Tied for third on the team with four pins.
- Placed second at the Doug Parker Invitational and third at the Brockport Invite. Loss in the finals at Doug Parker came to a wrestler from Division II East Stroudsburg and lone loss at Brockport came against a wrestler from Division I power Cornell.
- Wrestled in three matches as a freshman and posted an 0-3 record.
- Two of three matches came against Division I competition and third came against a Division II opponent.
At East Hampton
- Memeber of wrestling and soccer teams.
- Posted a career record of 98-29.
- Two-time all-league selection in wrestling and twice helped team to county tournament.
- Closed career with a 34-5 record as a senior.
- Led soccer team to a pair of country titles and earned academic all-county honors.
- Lucas Escobar.
- The son of Theresa and German Escobar.
- Has a younger brother, Luciano.
- Majoring in chemistry with a minor in entrepreneurship & management.