Mosser Sets 400M Hurdles Record at Swarthmore Final Qualifier
SWARTHMORE, PA –
• Location: Swarthmore, PA · Walter T. Skallerup Jr. Track
• The Short Story: Johns Hopkins sophomore Grant Mosser broke the program record in the 400 meter hurdles with a personal record time of 54.51 at the Swarthmore Final Qualifier Monday.
How it Happened
• Grant Mosser finished fifth in the 400 meter hurdles as he set the Johns Hopkins record with a time of 54.51, breaking a 43-year-old record. Mosser’s time ranks 47th among Division III athletes and topped his previous personal best by 0.21 seconds.
• Rafael Ferguson competed in the 100 meters, recording a time of 11.28, finishing 25 in a field of 46.
• In the 400 meters, Jesse Poore and Zach Shelley posted times of 49.69 and 50.64, respectively. Poore finished sixth in the field of 44 with the 10th best time in program history, while Shelley finished 18th.
• Andrew Bartnett recorded a time of 15.89 in the 110 meter hurdles, finishing first in his heat.
• In the 5,000 meter run, Alex Doran finished 27th in a field of 86 with a personal record time of 14:57.25, the second-best time by a Blue Jay this season. Panth Patel also competed in the 5,000 meters, recording a time of 15:25.99.
• Dan Vila recorded a height of 1.80m in the high jump.
• Matthew Su bounded out to a distance of 6.99m in the long jump, the fourth-best jump in Blue Jay history, finishing fourth in the field of 25.
• Members of the Johns Hopkins track & field team will compete at the Widener Mideast Invitational May 18.
• The NCAA Outdoor Championships will take place in Geneva, OH, May 25 through May 27.