Hopkins Sets Many New PRs at Dr. Sander Invitational
• Location: New York, NY • Dr. Sander Invitational • The Armory
• The Short Story: The Johns Hopkins men's track & field team had a successful day on the track at the Dr. Sander Invitational as many Blue Jays set new personal best times.
How it Happened
• Jack Armand ran an impressive 1:59.00 in the 800-meter to finish in 16th-place overall.
• In the mile, Scott Pourshalchi finished fifth with a mark of 4:16.06, which is a new personal best time and is also the 10th fastest mile in Division III so far this season. The junior ran the last 200 in 30 seconds, as he cut 18 seconds off his mark from the last meet.
• Also, in the mile, Vipul Bhat finished 15th with a time of 4:22.00 which is a new personal best time.
• Charles Thornton finished the 3,000-meter run in 8:38.13 which is a new personal best time and ranks as the 22nd-fastest time in the nation, while Jared Pangallozzi (8:43.80) and Garret Pitt (8:54.99) also set new personal best times in the event.
• Oliver Hickson finished 12th in the 5,000-meter with a time of 15:08.09 and was followed by teammates Alex Glavin (15:10.07), Tyler Wolfe (15:14.23) and Louis Levine (15:16.56).
• Johns Hopkins is back in action at the Frank Colden Invitational which will be held on the campus of Ursinus College.
- 30 -