Blue Jays Finish Day One of Patriot Games
• Location: Fairfax, VA • George Mason Field House
• The Short Story: Three members of the Johns Hopkins men's track and field team took part in the Heptathlon events at the Patriot Games on Friday night. Grant Mosser leads Hopkins as he is currently second with 2,596 points.
How it Happened
• Matthew Su finished second in the long jump portion of the heptathlon with a mark of 6.65m. He also finished second in the 60-meter dash with a time of 7.17. He earned a fifth-place finish in the shot put (9.39m) and a seventh-place finish in the high jump with a mark of 1.70m. He is currently third overall with 2,548 points.
• Mosser finished the 60-meter dash in fourth with a time of 7.41 and came in fifth in the long jump with a mark of 6.32m. He earned a third-place finish in the shot put with a mark of 10.26m and a second-place finish in the high jump with a mark of 1.88m.
• Matt Fischetti came in eighth in both the 60-meter dash (7.76) and the long jump (5.29m), but earned a second-place finish in the shot put with a mark of 10.84m. He finished fifth in the high jump with a mark of 1.76m and is in eighth-place overall with 2,199 points.
• Johns Hopkins returns to action tomorrow for the completion of the Patriot Games.