Hopkins Finishes Third at Terrapin Invitational
• Location: Landover, MD (Terrapin Invitational)
• The Short Story: The Johns Hopkins men's track and field team scored 70 points to finish third out of 16 teams at the Terrapin Invitational on Saturday.
How it Happened
• Jack Armand finished second in the 600-meter run with a time of 1:24.77 while Colton Takata finished fourth with a time of 1:26.16.
• In the 800-meter run, Ted Oh finished 10th with a mark of 2:01.41.
• Charles Thornton (15:32.92), Jared Pangallozzi (15:38.56), Jakob Pollack (15:56.33) and Will Howe (15:56.40) all earned top-10 finishes in the 5,000-meter run while Johnathon Cook finished 11th with a time of 16:20.99.
• The 3,000-meter run saw Tyler Wolfe finish third (8:43.14) and Alex Doran finish fourth (8:45.84) while Vipul Bhat finished sixth (8:49.91) and Ollie Hickson finished eighth (8:53.08).
• The Hopkins distance medley team of Oh, Zach Shelley, Jack Armand and Scott Pourshalchi won the event with a time of 10:19.89 while the 'B' relay team of Giacomo Taylor, Sam Mollin, Colton Takata and Kevin Peters finished second with a mark of 10:32.13.
• Benjamin Huang finished sixth in the pole vault with a mark of 4.20m while Matt Fischetti finished ninth with a mark of 3.90m.
• Royal Doolittle finished the long jump in ninth with a mark of 12.97m.
• Hopkins returns to the track on Friday, January 26 as the Blue Jays will participate in the Dr. Sander Invitational.
- 30 -