Johns Hopkins Finishes in Sixth Place at Gettysburg Invitational
• Scores: Mary Washington-860, Gettysburg-852, Swarthmore-507, Dickinson-430, Susquehanna-333.5, Johns Hopkins-305.5
• Location: Gettysburg, PA • Bullets Pool
• The Short Story: The Johns Hopkins men’s swim team finished in sixth place at the 2016 Gettysburg Invitational with 305.5 total points. Sophomore Darren Loh led the Blue Jays with a second-place finish in the 100 Back. Mary Washington won the invitational with 860 points through 18 events.
• In the morning session, freshman Ali Aly earned a fifth-place finish in the 200 Free as he clocked in at 1:45.65. Freshmen Cole Clampffer and Conor Beil placed 13th (1:48.68) and 15th (1:49.50), respectively. And junior Luke Johnson finished in 18th with a time of 1:51.39.
• Senior Bryan Pon then finished in sixth place in the 100 Breast as he finished in 58.56. Freshman Vincent Hou took ninth place in 1:00.44.
• Loh followed with a second-place finish in the 100 Back as he touched in 52.48. Clampffer finished in a tie for fifth with a time of 54.20.
• In the first event of the evening session, the Blue Jays finished in seventh in the 200 Free Relay. Aly, Clampffer, Loh and Johnson combined for a time of 1:28.69.
• Aly then took seventh in the 500 Free in 4:52.75, while Beil placed ninth in 4:54.22.
• Pon finished in 11th in the 200 IM with a time of 1:59.78, which knocked 2.38 seconds off his career best time. Loh followed just 0.21 seconds later for 12th place while Hou placed 19th in 2:03.54.
• Johnson tied for eighth in the 50 Free as he touched in 22.08.
• The Blue Jays ended the night with a fifth place finish in the 400 Medley Relay. Beil, Pon, Loh and Aly combined for a time of 3:35.38.
• Johns Hopkins will face East Carolina on January 4 in Jupiter, FL.