Johns Hopkins Competes at Gettysburg Invitational
• Score: Gettysburg-327, Mary Washington-306, Swarthmore-198, Dickinson-188, Johns Hopkins-139, Susquehanna-135
• Location: Gettysburg, PA • Bullets Pool
• The Short Story: Freshman Ali Aly grabbed a win in the 1650 Free for the Johns Hopkins men's swim team on Friday night at the Gettysburg Invitational. Host Gettysburg leads through seven events with 327 points, followed by Mary Washington (306) and Swarthmore (198). Hopkins sits in fifth place with 139 points.
• Hopkins kicked off the meet with a fourth-place finish in the 200 Medley Relay. Sophomore Darren Loh, senior Bryan Pon, Aly and junior Luke Johnson combined for a time of 1:36.47.
• Loh then placed second in the 200 Back as he touched in 1:52.92 and freshman Conor Beil took fourth in 1:55.87.
• Johnson was the Blue Jays' lone competitor in the 100 Free and he finished in 20th place with a time of 49.39.
• Pon and freshman Vincent Hou then finished back-to-back in the 200 Breast. Pon clocked in at 2:07.78 for fifth place and Hou placed sixth in 2:12.65.
• Aly then won the 1650 Free with an NCAA provisional time of 16:15.92. It was one of just two B cuts posted on day one.
• The Blue Jays finished the night with a seventh-place finish in the 400 Free Relay. Beil, freshman Cole Clampffer, Johnson and Hou finished in 3:17.61.
• The Gettysburg Invitational concludes on Saturday, December 3 with sessions slated to begin at 10:00 am and 5:00 pm. Fans can watch the action here.