Johns Hopkins Shuts Out York, 2-0
• Score: Johns Hopkins-2, York-0
• Records: JHU (4-0-2) • YCP (3-2-1)
• Location: York, PA • Graham Field
• The Short Story: The Johns Hopkins men's soccer team got goals from seniors Victor Osio and Samy Ramadane and four saves from classmate Bryan See in a 2-0 win over host York on Wednesday afternoon. The Blue Jays push their unbeaten streak to six as they head into conference play this weekend.
How it Happened
• Hopkins had a pair of first half chances from junior Drew Collins and freshman Matthew MacFarquhar. In the 31st minute, Collins fired a low shot off a corner kick, but Charlie Johnson was able to corral the ball. About 10 minutes later, sophomore Arden Chew played a nice ball into the box for MacFarquhar. He then tried to chip the ball over an oncoming Johnson, but the Spartan goalie was able to punch it over the crossbar.
• The Blue Jays got on the board in the 53rd minute as they cashed in on a free kick about 21 yards from goal. Junior Jonah Muniz dribbled in from midfield and drew the foul just a few yards outside the box. Senior Victor Osio took the free kick and drilled a low shot around the wall and just inside the right post.
• Hopkins doubled its lead just 93 seconds later off a quick counterattack that began with senior Bryan See. Freshman Connor Jacobs carried the ball up the left touchline and then centered a pass to classmate Liam Moylan. He touched the ball back to senior Samy Ramadane, who ran onto it and blasted a shot into the upper right corner.
• The Spartans had two great chances in the 74th minute to cut the deficit in half, but the post and See kept the sheet clean for the Blue Jays. Malcolm Djiki's header off a Brett Strickler free kick seemed ticketed for the lower left corner, but it hit the post. The ball came right back to Ryan Ockford, who put a shot on net, but See punched it away.
What it Means
• Johns Hopkins is now 20-7-4 all-time against York and has won the last two meetings. This is the first meeting between the two that was not decided by just one goal since a 3-0 Hopkins win on September 1, 1999.
• The Blue Jays are unbeaten through their first six games (4-0-2) for the first time since 2010.
Inside the Box Score
• Seniors Victor Osio and Samy Ramadane are now tied for the team lead in goal-scoring with two each. For Osio, it is his second game-winning goal of the season and fourth of his career.
• Freshmen Connor Jacobs and Liam Moylan each picked up their first career points in the win.
• Senior Bryan See finished with four saves in earning his fourth shutout of the season and ninth of his career. He is now tied for ninth in school history in career shutouts.
• Johns Hopkins opens Centennial Conference play on Saturday, September 17 at Haverford. Game time at Walton Field is slated for 2:00 pm.