Tinney, Stanwick, Moreland Selected in 1st, 6th and 7th Rounds
Blue Jays Head to Ann Arbor for Big Ten Game Against the Wolverines
Blue Jays Head to Penn State for Key Big Ten Game
Blue Jays, Buckeyes to Meet at Homewood in Key Big Ten Game
Blue Jays, Scarlet Knights Open Big Ten Play on Sunday Night
- Ranked 11th in school history in faceoff attempts (517).
- Will become 11th player in school history to win 300 faceoffs with 13 more wins.
- Ranked as the #28 freshman in the nation by Inside Lacrosse in 2015.
- Played in the final nine games of the season after missing the first six games with an injury.
- Hopkins' top faceoff specialist as he won 102-of-188 (.543) faceoffs with 35 ground balls in nine games.
- Made first appearance of the season in an 8-7 overtime loss to Syracuse and won 8-of-12 faceoffs and registered one assist.
- Sparked 18-17 come-from-behind overtime win against Virginia by winning 16-of-29 faceoffs with five ground balls. 29 FO attempts are career high.
- Fueled 12-6 win over seventh-ranked Rutgers by winning 13-of-22 faceoffs with seven GBs.
- Won 19-of-28 faceoffs and added five GBs in crucial 13-11 win over fifth-ranked Penn State. 19 FO wins are career high and most by a Johns Hopkins player since 2014.
- Was 13-of-20 with seven GBs and an assist in a 19-9 win over Michigan and turned in solid 12-of-17 performance with three GBs at eventual national champion Maryland.
- Played in 12 of 15 games and teamed with Craig Madarasz as Hopkins' top faceoff tandem.
- Won 74-of-125 (.592) faceoffs on the year with 31 ground balls, one goal and two assists.
- Turned in a strong effort against Rutgers in the Big Ten Tournament Semifinals as he won 12-of-13 faceoffs, grabbed five ground balls and scored the first goal of his career.
- Fueled early-season win against Princeton as he went 13-of-19 (.684) with six ground balls in first extensive playing time of the season.
- Came back with another strong effort against Towson as he was 11-of-13 (.846) with three ground balls against the Tigers.
- Won 7-of-12 faceoffs with a ground ball against nation's top faceoff team in Syracuse. Won decisive FO in overtime to give JHU possession in what became an 11-10 Blue Jay victory.
- Won 7-of-9 faceoffs and added four ground balls in the 19-7 win at UMBC and came back with a 9-of-12 effort with four GBs at Rutgers.
- Played in 16 of 18 games as a freshman faceoff specialist.
- Won 111-of-202 (.550) faceoffs with 45 ground balls on the year. Ranked third on the team ground balls and second in faceoff wins while leading the team in faceoff winning percentage.
- Made an immediate impact in first game of his career as he was 8-of-11 on faceoffs and added a team-high seven GBs and one assist.
- Won 5-of-9 faceoffs and added two ground balls in a 13-8 win against Navy.
- Enjoyed a strong outing against Virginia during regular season as he won a career-high 10 faceoffs on 13 attempts and added three GBs.
- Solid in a 15-12 loss at Ohio State with an 8-for-13 showing and two ground balls and came back with a 7-of-12 effort on faceoffs against Penn State.
- Earned Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week after going 15-of-25 on faceoffs with six ground balls in a 15-12 come-from-behind win at third-ranked Maryland.
- Won 10-of-18 faceoffs and grabbed two GBs in a 14-9 win over Penn State in the Big Ten Semifinals and came back with a 10-of-17 showing on faceoffs with a career-high nine ground balls against Ohio State in the title game.
- Fueled 19-7 win at Virginia in first round of NCAA Tournament by winning 15-of-23 faceoffs with three ground balls. 15 faceoff wins tied career-high.
- Was just 6-for-20 with two ground balls in NCAA Quarterfinals against Syracuse, but won final faceoff of the game with 23 seconds remaining to help JHU run out the clock in a 16-15 victory.
- Closed rookie season by winning 11-of-23 faceoffs with six ground balls against Maryland in the NCAA Semifinals.
At Boys' Latin
- Played lacrosse and soccer at nearby Boys' Latin.
- Led team to an 18-0 record, the prestigious MIAA "A" title and number one national ranking as a senior.
- Helped team to MIAA Semifinals as a freshman and sophomore and runner-up finish as a junior.
- BL posted a four-year record of 63-16 during his career, including a 37-1 mark in final two years.
- Improved faceoff winning percentage each year: Freshman (60%), sophomore (69%), junior (71%), senior (75%).
- Totaled 340 career ground balls, includig 100 as a junior and 106 as a senior.
- Team captain and MIAA Championship game MVP as a senior.
- Hunter Moreland.
- The son of Terry and Julie Moreland.
- Has two brothers, Matt and Mackenzie.
- Majoring in political science.