JHU Baseball to Host Pitchers & Catchers Camp
Dec. 5, 2012
2013 Johns Hopkins Baseball Pitchers & Catchers Camp
Sunday January 13th, 2013
JOHNS HOPKINS FIELDHOUSE & TURF
8:30AM – 3:00PM
The JHU Pitchers & Catchers Camp is open to all players currently enrolled in high school. The Hopkins coaching staff will instruct and evaluate every pitcher and catcher. Pitchers will be filmed, shown some drills & exercises, and given instruction. Catchers will work on catching and hitting skills.
• Robert Babb – Head coach. Babb completed his 33rd year as the Blue Jays’ skipper in 2012. His teams have won 5 of the last 6 Centennial Conference championships, 9 of the last 12, and participated in the NCAA Division III tournament 5 straight years, advancing to the DIII World Series twice during that span. Babb has never had a losing record.
• Matt Righter – Pitching coach. Righter pitched for Babb before being drafted by the Detroit Tigers. He advanced as far as AAA before deciding to return to Hopkins and assume the duties of pitching coach at JHU in 2009. In his 4 years in this role, two of his pitchers signed professional contracts.
• Adam Schlenoff – Catchers’ coach. Schlenoff joined the staff two years ago after coaching at Community College of Baltimore County Essex. He played baseball at Mount St. Mary’s where he was the starting catcher for three years.
• Gabe Castellano – Asst. coach. “Gabby” has worked with outfielders and hitters for the past seven years. He graduated from Texas Tech and served as an assistant high school coach in Lubbock, TX.
• Date: Sunday January 13th (Rain or shine as most work will be done in our indoor facilities).
• Cost: $220.00
• Registration: Reservations only. Mail check payable to “Hopkins Baseball” to: Robert Babb c/o The Athletic Center Johns Hopkins Univ. 3400 North Charles Street Baltimore, MD 21218
• Lunch: will be provided for all players and parents.
• Parking: Along University Parkway or on Charles Street. More information will be sent.
• Trainer: A certified Athletic Trainer will be available.
• T-Shirt: All players will receive a camp t-shirt.
• Equipment: Each pitcher is required to bring his glove, while catchers should bring their bat, helmet, and catcher’s equipment. Campers should also wear turf shoes or tennis shoes.
QUESTIONS: Contact Coach Babb (410-516-7485 or RBabb@jhu.edu)
- 30 -