#1 Cortland Holds Hopkins to One Hit in 9-0 Win
Score: #1 Cortland St. 9, #24 Johns Hopkins 0
Records: #1 Cortland St. (7-0) Johns Hopkins (1-3-1)
Location: Babb Field at Stromberg Stadium; Baltimore, MD
Time of Game: 2:22
Weather: 40 degrees
Pitchers of Record: W- Ben Moxley (1-0)
L- Harrison Folk (0-1)
How it Happened:
-After Harrison Folk got the first two batters out, Cortland struck for three runs in the first inning. The big blow in the inning game, a two-RBI triple, came off the bat of Steven Figueroa.
- The Red Dragons extended their lead to 6-0 in the top of the third. Figueroa doubled in the inning, while teammate Conrad Ziemendorf added a triple.
- Cortland added a run in the fifth and two more in the sixth to put the game away.
- Sean McCracken made his first career appearance on the mound Saturday and only allowed one hit in 2.2 innings while striking out three Red Dragons.
- The Blue Jays turned a pair of double plays in the contest, they have now turned four this season.
- Hopkins did not commit an error for the first time this season.
Hits: Robbins (1)
Strikeouts: S. McCracken (3)
Hits: Figueroa (3)
Runs: Ziemendorf, Ricci, Figueroa (2)
RBI: Figueroa (3)
SB: Griffin (1)
Strikeouts: Cooke (4)
- Cortland improved to 3-0 all-time vs. the Blue Jays.
- Hopkins is 1-2-1 at home this year and has already lost as many games on Babb Field as it did in all of 2015.
Up Next: Hopkins and Cortland wrap up their two-game series tomorrow at 1pm on Babb Field.