Blue Jays Top Zurich Padres to Claim Swiss Tournament Title
Hopkins Advances to Centennial Championship
Blue Jays Defeat Washington College 5-1 to Improve Unbeaten Streak to 14
Zach Jaffe's Clutch 2-Out Hit Tied the Game One Batter Earlier
Hopkins Sweeps Swarthmore, Sits in First Place in Centennial
- Second Team All-Centennial
- made 12 appearences with eight starts on the year, going 4-1
- finished second on the team in ERA (2.17) and fourth in strikeouts (40)
- pitched a complete game shutout against Ursinus on 4/21 during with he struck out nine and allowed just two hits and two walks.
- named Centennial Conference Pitcher of the Week on 4/23
- notched his 100th career K on 4/6 against McDaniel
- Converted from a starting pitcher to a reliever for the Blue Jays, appearing in 12 games
- earned a 2-0 record and picked up two saves
- struck out 22 in 34.2 innings pitched
- struck out four batters in his first three starts of the season.
- Appeared in 10 games for Hopkins, starting seven games
- struck out 33 batters, tied for the second most on the team, in 39.2 innings pitched
- pitched 8.1 innings at Dickinson (4/8), striking out six batters and giving up only four hits
- struck out six batters on two other occasions: vs. Amherst (3/15) and against Gettysburg (4/21).
- Made seven appearances on the mound including five starts
- compiled a 3-1 record with a team-best 1.78 ERA in 30.1 innings pitched
- recorded 28 strikeouts while walking just five hitters
- tallied a season best 11 strike outs and allowed just two hits in a win against Minnesota-Morris (3/14)
- tossed seven innings allowing only one earned run to earn the win in an NCAA Regional elimination game vs. Misercordia (5/15).
- Named Tri-Valley Pitcher of the Year as sophomore
- Led team to three playoff appearances
- Three-time Tri-Valley First Team All-Star
- Hit .362 at the plate while pitching seven complete games during senior season.
- Nick Burns
- Son of Marcie and Steven Burns
- father played baseball at Princeton
- has two siblings, Matt and Peyton
- Majoring in mathematics and statistics with a minor in financial economics.