Blue Jays Unlimited is committed to supporting Johns Hopkins Athletics to ensure that student-athletes and coaches have all of the tools and resources they need to enhance their experiences and compete at the highest-level. For many programs, this requires funding for new and improved facilities and fields.
In addition to the BJU sport specific annual funds, which individual teams use for recruiting, uniforms, assistant coaching salaries, and other discretionary needs, BJU has supported many different capital projects and facility enhancement projects throughout the years.
Current Capital Projects
Goldfarb Capital Project
The Johns Hopkins Basketball, Volleyball, and Wrestling programs have established themselves as some of the best programs in the country. As the programs continue to progress, the need for a top-notch facility to match our top notch programs have become more apparent. The Goldfarb Gymnasium is in need of improvements.
Thanks to the generous support of our alumni, parents, and friends, we have broken ground on updating the facility. The first phase will include two new scoreboards and one new video board. New gifts will help us complete our fundraising campaign.
The $1,000,000 campaign includes the following:
- Two state-of-the-art Daktronics scoreboards and one video board
- New spectator seating/bleachers
- Enhancements to the press box
- New basketball hoops, volleyball net, and wrestling mat
- New scorer's table
- State-of-the-art lighting
- Media/AV enhancements
- Transformation of the existing wall paneling to an acoustic-friendly surface
- New windows
- New entry doors
- Rebranding of the entire gym
Past Capital Projects
- Tennis Capital Project
- Babb Field at Stromberg Stadium
- Cordish Lacrosse Center
- Football Facility Project
- Team Meeting Room Renovation Projects
- Locker Room Renovation Projects
- All-American & Conference Title commemorative hallway
- Newton H. White Enhancement Project
- Wall O'Mahony Student-Athlete Lounge
How You Can Make a Difference
*All donations to capital projects are 100% tax deductible