Skip to main content Skip to footer

Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to frequently asked questions covering compliance, facilities, parking, marketing, media relations, Blue Jays Unlimited and the ticket office.

How do I contact the Johns Hopkins Athletics Department?
The main phone number is 410/516-7490. Please view the online directory for individual department and sport contacts.
The mailing address is: Department of Athletics - Johns Hopkins University - 3400 N. Charles St. - Baltimore, MD 21218

Where are the Athletics Department offices?
Administrative and coaches offices are located in the Newton White Athletic Center. Maps & Directions.

Athletic Communications • Athletic Communications • Athletic Communications

What is the Athletic Communications Department?
The Athletic Communications Department facilitates media coverage of the Blue Jays. Athletic Communications is responsible for publicizing teams and student-athletes through press releases, game notes, media guides, press conferences and interaction with individual members of the media. The Athletic Communications Department generates all content found on, including game stories and statistics.

What if I notice a mistake in a release or statistics?
Every attempt is made to present the most accurate information, but mistakes do occur. Please contact Ernie Larossa ( or Jill Guise ( if you've found an error.

What time is the game and what are the broadcast options?
Complete schedules for each of Johns Hopkins' 24 varsity athletic teams can be found on the individual sport pages in the Jays' Nest. There is also a rotating scoreboard that runs throughout the site that includes results of recently completed games and upcoming games. On the front page of the site on the right side, there is a tab titled "Calendar" and this provides a complete schedule for the entire department broken down by day. Broadcast options are available on the main schedule page for each sport.

When will next year's schedule be released?
Schedules are generally posted three months prior to the start of a season. The football and men's lacrosse schedules are usually available in March and October, respectively. Reminder that schedule changes do occur and fans are encouraged to check back as game day draws closer. In-season changes to schedules are usually accompanied by an official release.

How can I contact a coach or student-athlete?
To contact a specific sport office, please refer to the Johns Hopkins Athletics Directory here. Members of the media should not attempt to contact a student-athlete directly. Rather, they should arrange for interviews through a member of the Athletic Communications Department (410/516-0552 or 410/516-0638).


What is Blue Jays Unlimited?
Blue Jays Unlimited (BJU) is the primary fund-raising arm of Johns Hopkins Athletics. BJU raises funds for capital projects, scholarships, recruiting and many other initiatives. In addition, BJU sponsors receptions, tailgates and numerous other programs throughout the year to enhance the experience of our student athletes and fans. For more information about how to become a BJU member and the benefits of membership, click here.

How do I contact Blue Jays Unlimited to join, update information, etc.?
Please call 410/516-4096 or email


What is the Compliance Department?
The Johns Hopkins Athletics Compliance Department is responsible for ensuring that JHU abides by all rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Centennial Conference. The NCAA governs the actions of coaches and student-athletes, and has explicit guidelines that regulate the actions of collegiate athletic programs. For more information, please visit our Compliance Corner.

Who do I contact with compliance questions?
Contact Mike Mattia - Associate Director of Athletics - with specific compliance questions. Mike can be reached at 410/516-7487 or via email at

How do I make a promotional item request for charity?
The Johns Hopkins Department of Athletics receives literally hundreds of requests for donations each year. We make every effort to accommodate as many requests as possible. Please visit our Compliance Corner. You will need to download, complete and return the Donation Request Form (located under the "Awards" category). All requests must be made in this way.


How do I find information on Johns Hopkins facilities?
Click here for information about each of Johns Hopkins' competition facilities.

What can I bring into the stadium?
Information including rules and regulations and items permitted can be found in the Fan Guides for each sport played at Johns Hopkins. Click here to access the Fan Guides for each sport.

Where can I find parking information?
Public parking is limited on the main campus on gamedays - fans are encouraged to arrive early, especially for men's lacrosse games. Parking maps and fan guides are available on the Fan Guides page.

How Much Does It Cost to Attend a Game?
Admission is not charged for any regular season home Johns Hopkins athletic event except for men's lacrosse. Admission is charged for all home NCAA Tournament games in all sports and admission is possible at conference championship events. For complete ticket information, click here.

Where Can Visiting Teams Tailgate Before and After Games?
For information about tailgating opportunities for visiting teams, please contact Kelsie Gory (410/516-5138 or

Who Do I Contact About Renting a Field/Court?
If you are interested in renting a field or court at Johns Hopkins, please contact Brandon Holley (410/516-5053 or


How can I obtain a poster, schedule card, etc.?
To receive official Johns Hopkins Athletics schedule cards, posters, magnets, etc., please email Ernie Larossa ( We will make every effort to accommodate your request as quickly as possible.

Who do I contact to refill my schedule cards?
To refill a schedule card holder, please call or email Ernie Larossa (410/516-0552 or

How can I arrange for the Blue Jay mascot to make an appearance?
Requests for the Blue Jay mascot to appear at schools or events should be directed to Kelsie Gory at
Click here to access and complete the Blue Jay Mascot Appearance Form.

Who do I contact if I'm interested in singing the National Anthem?
For more information regarding the National Anthem, please contact Kelsie Gory at 410/516-5138 or

How can I promote my organization at a Hopkins home athletic event?
Only JHU affiliated organizations can promote their organizations or event (s) at a Hopkins athletic event. If you are a JHU-affiliated group and would like to find out more information, please complete the request form here. The completed form should be sent to Kelsie Gory at

How do we arrange for a youth game to be played at halftime of a Johns Hopkins game?
One of the most popular features at Johns Hopkins athletic events are halftime games featuring local youth teams. Opportunities exist in boy's & girl's lacrosse, boy's & girl's basketball, boy's & girl's soccer and football. For more information or to arrange a halftime game, please contact Kelsie Gory (410/516-5138 or


Who do I contact for advertising or sponsorship information?
Please call or email Jake Lee in the Johns Hopkins Department of Athletics (

How can I receive video of a game, player, etc?
The Johns Hopkins Athletic Communications Department coordinates the sale of game DVDs for certain sports. Please contact Ernie Larossa (410/516-0552 or for more information.


What sports are admission charged for at Johns Hopkins?
Admission is not charged for any regular season home Johns Hopkins athletic event except for men's lacrosse. Admission is charged for all home NCAA Tournament games in all sports and admission is possible at conference championship events. For complete men's lacrosse ticket information, click here.

Can I purchase men's lacrosse tickets in-person?
Yes. Men's lacrosse tickets can be purchased in the Newton White Athletic Center during normal business hours (8:30 am - 5 pm) during the week leading up to each game. Season ticket packages can also be purchased in person.

Can I order tickets in advance?
Single-game and season tickets may be purchased in advance. Click here for ordering options. Tickets will be mailed if time permits, or they will be left at Will Call on gameday.

Where is Will-Call located?
General Will Call is located in the Schelle Pavilion - the main entrance to Homewood Field on University Parkway.

What time do the ticket windows open on gameday?
The gates and ticket windows open 90 minutes before faceoff for all regular season home men's lacrosse games.